Visa applications by appointment
In order to improve the service to the public and avoid long lines, this Embassy has decided to adopt a system of appointments for visa applications.
Therefore, as of 28 November 2012, all Visa applications from permanent residents of this Consular jurisdiction (District of Columbia, Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties in Maryland, and Arlington and Fairfax Counties in Virginia) will be accepted only by appointment.
You may book your appointment through our website: BOOK NOW
For Visa pick ups no appointment is needed.
DO I NEED A VISA ? Click here
NOTICE TO VISA APPLICANTS
- VISAS WILL BE ISSUED IN ABOUT 7-15 DAYS;
- TO AVOID FURTHER DELAYS WE ADVICE APPLICANTS TO READ THE GENERAL INFORMATION AND THE FAQ LINKS;
- DUE TO NEW REGULATIONS, US CITIZENS GOING TO STUDY IN ITALY FOR LESS THAN 90 DAYS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SECURE A STUDY VISA;
- ON MAY THE 15TH 2014, THE VISA INFORMATION SYSTEM (VIS) WILL BEGIN TO BE APPLIED IN THE CONSULAR OFFICES OF ALL THE SCHENGEN STATES WITH THE AIM TO ENHANCE SECURITY.
- THE APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THEIR BIOMETRIC DATA (FINGERPRINTS AND DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPH) BY A SIMPLE PROCEDURE.
- DATA WILL BE RECORDED IN THE VIS CENTRAL DATABASE, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE HIGHEST DATA PROTECTION STANDARDS, FOR A MAXIMUM OF 5 (FIVE) YEARS AND, DURING THIS PERIOD, THEY WILL BE COPIED FROM THE VIS DATABASE FOR SUBSEQUENT VISA APPLICATIONS.
- EXEMPTIONS FROM THE FINGERPRINTS REQUIREMENT ARE PROVIDED FOR:
- NATIONAL VISA REQUESTS ( STUDIES, WORKS…)
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF TWELVE
- PERSONS FOR WHOM THE COLLECTION OF FINGERPRINTS IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE
- HEADS OF STATE AND MEMBERS OF THE NATIONS GOVERNMENTS, WITH ACCOMPANYING SPOUSES, AND THE MEMBERS OF THEIR OFFICIAL DELEGATIONS WHEN THEY ARE INVITED BY MEMBER STATE’S GOVERNMENTS OR BY INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS FOR AN OFFICIAL PURPOSE
- SOVEREIGNS AND OTHER SENIOR MEMBERS OF A ROYAL FAMILY, WHEN THEY ARE INVITED BY MEMBER STATE’S GOVERNMENT S OR BY INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS FOR AN OFFICIAL PURPOSE.
VISA OFFICE HOURS
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm .
(An appointment is required. Personal appearance is mandatory)
Embassy of Italy
3000 Whiteheaven St NW
Washington, DC, 20008
Tel. 202-612-4421 or 4423 (we accept phone call between 2 and 4:00 pm)
Fax 202-462 9406
PASSPORT/VISA MAILING INFORMATION:
Applicants can collect the Passport at this Office during the normal business hours.